Banting Diet Food List
Banting Green List
of foods, the Banting diet food list of approved foods, gives you a wide range of low-carb, sugar-free, wholesome foods to choose from.
The great thing about this way of eating is that if you stick to only eating foods on the Banting green list, you can practically eat as much as you like without having to worry about putting on weight.
This is because eating real food & healthy fats is nutritious and satisfying without making you fat unlike eating processed convenience food which is addictive & causes weight gain.
As the foods on the Banting diet food list have a very low carbohydrate content (between 0g – 5g/100g), it means that it would be almost impossible to overdo the amount of carbs you eat which can lead to natural weight loss & improved health.
Incidentally Prof Noakes is a huge supporter of the Banting diet & the Banting food list is therefore often referred to as the “Tim Noakes Green Foods List”.
Support your healthy low-carb eating plan with this
Fantastic Collection Of Banting Styled LCHF Paleo Recipes
(which includes an 8-Week Meal Plan)
Banting Green List
- Eggs (all types)
- Beef, poultry & game (grass-fed & free-range)
- Natural cured meats & sausages (parma ham, chorizo, salami)
- Seafood (except for those high in mercury content such as some tuna, swordfish & tilefish)
- Milk (full cream)
- Yogurt – full cream Greek (be wary of low-fat options as they normally contain loads of sugar)
- Cottage cheese
(Note: if you are lactose intolerant it is best to limit your intake of any dairy product)
- Avocado oil
- Animal fats
- Butter & cheese (organic)
- Coconut oil
- Duck fat
- Macadamia oil
- Olive oil
Nuts & Seeds
- Flax seeds
- Macadamia nuts
- Pecan nuts
- Pine nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
(Note: Peanuts are to be avoided as they are not nuts but acually legumes which are not Banting approved)
- Green leafy vegetables (including spinach, cabbage, lettuce etc)
- Brussels sprouts
- Spring onions
- Generally any vegetable that is grown above the ground (so not potatoes)
Healthy Eating Tips
- Fatty cuts of meat are not only Banting approved, but are often cheaper as well as tastier.
- Choose a wide variety of foods which makes it more interesting & provides you with a bigger range of different nutrients.
- Only buy foods that you recognise in their natural state & remember that organic, grass-fed & free-range is best.
- Always avoid any processed or convenience foods.
- Avoid eating too much protein in one sitting.
Losing Weight Is All About Hunger Control & Not Portion Control
The beauty with the low-carb styled Paleo way of eating is that you can basically eat as much as you like with little danger of over eating…
…the reason for this is because real, wholesome LCHF Paleo foods & meals are non-addictive and will leave you feeling satisfied & satiated without wanting more or still feeling hungry.
This is just what helps to control your hunger naturally and is exactly what Prof Tim Noakes keeps on saying about eating low-carb, nutrient rich wholesome foods.
Real, nutrient dense foods are non-addictive, non-fattening and will make you feel & look better naturally.
Remember that all your good intentions to stick to a healthy eating plan will soon unravel unless you have a wide & varied range of low-carb recipes always available to keep it interesting & exciting.
To make it easier for you to stick to this healthy eating plan…
This is is a syndicated post. Read the original at paleopower.co.za