Your go-to list of 50 low carb high fat recipes for Banting
Always looking for a great low carb meal? Simply Pin this article and you’ll have 50 lip-smacking recipes right at your fingertips.
Banting, or LCHF, is a hugely popular eating trend in SA, thanks to Professor Tim Noakes and his collaborative book, The Real Meal Revolution.
We’ve collected some
for you to enjoy. All delicious and within the restrictions of the LCHF lifestyle.
Skinny chicken cacciatore with Mozzarella
– a great family dinner recipe.
Baby marrow noodles with avocado pesto
– a nice summery dish.
low- carb version of an old favourite.
A Banting meal that the entire family will enjoy.
Bacon-wrapped pumpkin slices
– fantastic flavours combine in this easy recipe.
Chocolate and coconut fudge
– to satisfy that sweet craving.
Cauliflower tabouleh salad with beef bangers
– filling and healthy.
– with spicy mince and sour cream.
Open chicken burgers
– served with a delicious tzatziki
Garlic buttered cauliflower mash
– this rich mash is a beauty.
Pan-roasted chicken thighs with mushrooms
– serve with cauli-mash.
LCHF Onion rings
– perfect for the rugby or a weekend side dish.
Cheesy zucchini bread
– unbelievably tasty and easy to make.
Juicy burgers with feta and creamy avo
– Yes! You can also eat burgers. This bun is genius.
Bacon and cheese stuffed chicken breasts
– Serve with lovely green beans and toasted almonds.
Baked apple and mascarpone
– Spiced with cinnamon and sprinkled with nuts.
the jelly version of the “fat bombs” that are so well known in the LCHF diet.
Warm stringy cheese oozing out of a crispy shell.
Beef cottage pie
– Winter is the perfect time for this warming meal.
Banting Toad in the Hole
– a warming, gluten-free family meal.
a moreish recipe sticky ribs
Bacon and cheese crustless quiche
– for something quick and easy and tasty!
Rib-eye steak with tomatoes
– Served with a gorgeous caper butter sauce.
Pork steaks on cauliflower mash
– Hearty and truly wonderful.
Hake with an olive and Parmesan cheese crust
– Pair this with some gorgeous roasted tomatoes and green salad.
Banting with bacon
– Pork chops wrapped in bacon with a crispy apple slaw.
Bacon-wrapped chilli poppers
– a perfect starter or snack for a braai!
Pork schnitzel with mushroom gravy
– this meal could become a weekly regular.
Roasted harissa prawns with tomatoes, baby marrows and mushrooms
– a nice festive dish to impress guests!
Mascarpone, nut and berry layered dessert
– a sumptuous, Banting-friendly dessert
Mini blueberry and ricotta cakes
– for a yummy and beautiful looking sweet treat!
Lamb chops with cauliflower mash and roasted tomatoes
– An absolutely delicious and filling dish.
Posh mushroom sauce for your steak
– Top chef Franck Dangereux shows us how in this fab video. This can be used for chicken breasts too.
– For a delightful Banting dessert. Add a good dollop of high fat Greek yoghurt for some extra creaminess.
LCHF Ricotta tart
– you can treat yourself to something sweet on the LCHF diet.
3 LCHF breakfasts
– these are perfect weekend Banting recipes.
The following recipes have been added due to the popularity of this article:
Sweet potato nachos
Follow us on twitter on
You might also Like
This is is a syndicated post. Read the original at www.food24.com